Thursday 2 October 2014

Abubakar Shekau appears in new video,rubbishes death claims


Last week, the Nigerian Army claimed the Boko Haram leader's impersonator was killed. Cameroon even claimed they were the ones who killed him,a claim subsequently debunked by the Nigerian Military.Photos and even a video was even released to buttress that fact .However, in yet another video made available to AFP today, Shekau was shown  making a speech debunking reports of his death.According to AFP, he said ..


“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” He also added that, that his group was “running our… Islamic caliphate” and administering sharia punishments."“Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah,“It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.” “We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran. We now practise the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah,” I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead,

No comments:

Post a Comment